- Location: Cambridge, central with parking
- Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: 3084/31
To provide a comprehensive purchasing and accounting function. To provide administrative support to the Finance team and to provide information on purchasing matters to the organisation.
To assist with the dissemination of key information to enable staff to make informed decisions and promote best practice procurement.
Purchasing Procedures and order Processing
- Ensure Procurement Procedures have been followed.
- Create and authorise catalogue and non-catalogue orders from requisitions generated by staff on the financial system, checking all the details are included before authorization.
- Check that selected supplier and that requestor is authorised to order commodity. Make a decision on order approval within a given limit and forward orders above financial limits to higher level for authorisation. Prints orders, and VAT Certificates where relevant, before despatching orders by e-mail to the supplier.
Order tracking, administration and management
- Chase progress of orders not received by staff. Contact suppliers and agree new delivery dates to the satisfaction of the end user and supplier.
- Resolve general queries arising on purchase orders and deliveries
- Review and investigate open POs and close or cancel as required; liaise with suppliers with regard to goods received; returns and anomalies.
- Resolve receipting and invoice queries raised by the finance team, ensuring all queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Report issues with pricing against contracted suppliers to Procurement Services.
- Ensure users of the purchasing system have carried out mandatory training
- Collect and log daily correspondence, currently all done electronically. Arranging for despatch of invoices/expense claims.
Skills & Experience
- A Level educated is essential or AAT qualified is desirable
- Experience of working with Accounts software, e.g. Oracle and awareness of best Practise procurement
- Be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Be a good team player with a positive, flexible and willing attitude
- Consistently provide accurate and high quality work
- Have good written and spoken communication skills
- Be reliable, honest, flexible and pro-active
Location: Cambridge and home working
Hours: Full-Time, 5 days a week
Start Date: ASAP until May 2022
- £25,000-£30,000, D.O.E
- Location: Cambridge, central
- Job Type: Permanent