- £40.00 - 45.50 per hour
- Location: Holborn
- Job Type: Temporary
Job reference: 3990/1
We have a rare opportunity with a Cambridge based arts organisation, who are looking to recruit a Business Manager. This is a unique role that will give you the opportunity to make a major contribution to the successful management and administration of the organisation and its day-to-day efficiency.
We are looking for a real self-starter, someone who is inquisitive to ensure they have a handle on all that is going on and co-ordinates daily operations to maximise getting the best out of everyone. This is a fabulous organisation, with an outstanding reputation in their field, but It will take time to learn the mechanics of the business and it is quite likely that no two days will be the same, so you will need to be flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ever changing priorities.
The role would suit candidates with previous experience of working in a multi-faceted role, perhaps office management. You will also need to be able to demonstrate previous experience within finance/accounts (particularly budget preparation), excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, be process driven, detail orientated and have a strong desire to succeed.
This is a full-time role based in Central Cambridge (parking is available on a first come first served basis). Flexibility will be offered on start/finish times and there is the possibility of occasional WFH.
- To have oversight of all matters to the administration of finance and accounts, to ensure such matters are handled in accordance with statutory regulations
- Assist with the preparation of budgets with accountancy advice within timetable of final approval
- Monitor actual spend and advise on budget position across all departments, including special projects.
- Oversee the ordering of goods and supplies, monitor quality of purchases and seek out new suppliers where necessary
- Review and approve invoices for payment within agreed regulations
- Monitoring payroll information, checking for accuracy and ensuring compliance with pay policy
- Participating in the prioritisation, organisation and monitoring of day to day operations
- Carry out general administrative activities that efficiently support the needs of the partners to meet business objectives
- Collating, analysing and presenting information and compiling documents for distribution and submission to governing bodies
- Project tracking (i.e. budget, database, timelines) and providing management with status/activity reports
- Ensure timely and effective support to governing body by organising, attending and minuting meetings
- Development and maintenance of computer systems, ensuring current systems operate effectively keeping abreast of new technology, advising and recommending as required.
- Ensure that all staff records are kept up to date and secure including logging all annual leave, sicknesses and other absences
- Undertake and participate in training, coaching and general guidance to other staff
- Be fully conversant with all necessary Health and Safety regulations and ensure they are complied with
- Be responsible for ensuring the fabric of the building, furniture, fittings, and external grounds are maintained
- Seeking out new suppliers and ensuring contractors meet the required standards
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a supporting role (experience within education would be strongly advantageous)
- Good planning, organisation and time management
- High-quality problem-solving skills
- A positive attitude and a strong desire to deliver high quality results
- Reliability, discretion and confidentiality and flexibility
- Use of good judgement and initiative
- Previous experience with finance/accounts including budgets and payroll processing
- Detail oriented, comfortable reviewing, analysing and working with data
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Windows and other web-based applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send a covering letter together with a copy of your CV in MS Word
- £12.10 - 12.10 per hour
- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Temporary