- £20.00 - 22.50 per hour
- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Temporary
Job reference: 3084/6
Ann Pettengell are currently looking for an Executive Assistant for a Maternity Cover contract working South of Cambridge City Centre. This is a full-time role, to commence beginning of November 2019
You will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive administrative support dealing with confidential issues on Director’s behalf and routinely liaising with a large number of internal and external contacts.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent skills in IT, written and verbal communication, organisation, accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to work with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide executive support service to the Director. Manage diaries, assess the availability and wishes of Director to meet, set up a wide range of complex internal and external meetings both in Cambridge and elsewhere, manage the schedule of meetings, plan and manage the overall working day to ensure an appropriate balance of meetings, manage all meeting follow up activity. Take administrative decisions on their behalf in their absence (such as setting deadlines for incoming material).
- Undertake preliminary research using a wide range of information sources. Read papers from committees and key meetings, prepare briefing notes and summarise headlines for the Director, prepare/draft presentations for committees, attend meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes, circulate actions, identify follow-up actions.
- Manage large-scale events and visits by high profile figures visiting the Director. Manage travel arrangements and itineraries within Cambridge, the UK and overseas, clarify visa requirements, book air travel, liaise closely with conference/seminar organisers at destination and ensure personal preferences are incorporated where possible.
- Take responsibility for office administration. Co-ordinate administrative processes, liaise closely with staff at all levels to ensure that the work of the Director’s office is in line with work undertaken in other parts of the Department, maintain a comprehensive filing system including, data management systems for confidential files, committee papers and records, update and amend procedures and processes.
- Support HR related activities including recruitment. Arrange advertising for active posts, draft adverts, arrange interviews, take up references, take part in the recruitment process as panel member, notify candidates of the outcome, induct and mentor new secretarial support staff as required.
- Provide financial administration. Process expenses for the Director and other personnel, manage funds e.g. travel and seminar budgets, monitor expenditure against budgets, raise purchase orders and invoices in line with company financial procedures and financial regulations.
- Manage communications with senior members both internally and externally. Liaise by letter, telephone, email and in person to arrange meetings and programmes for visitors.
- Manage projects as required. Research, collate and present information, request input into projects for the Director and set appropriate deadlines and follow up as necessary.
To be considered for this interesting and varied role, you will need the following experience:
- Educated to degree level/Level 6 vocational qualification or equivalent level of practical experience
- Previous high-level PA/Secretarial Administrative experience
- Experience of developing/ reviewing administrative processes and systems
- Highly competent in standard software packages, e.g. Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Executive Assistance involving a critical understanding of relevant theory and/or principles
- £26k - 27k per year + bonus
- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Permanent