- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: 3999/5
Having recruited for this client recently, we are now seeking an Executive Assistant with significant experience in providing support to the Director and the Chief Operating Officer. The role is diverse and will include managing diaries; organising travel and accommodation requirements; organising meetings, telephone and video conferences; preparing meeting papers, taking minutes and following up actions; preparing reports, presentations, spread sheets and letters; maintaining effective manual and electronic filing systems and archiving; being responsible for the Director’s credit card and processing expense claims; ordering office supplies; meeting and greeting visitors; and, being an initial point of contact for both internal and external enquiries.
The postholder will assist the Director and the Chief Operating Officer with managing relationships with the organisation’s primary funders, governing body and scientists.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Meeting organisation including distribution of papers and minute taking.
- Complex diary management for the Director and other key senior staff.
- Act as Secretariat to the Board of Trustees, Audit Committee and the Executive Committee.
- Duties include arranging the meetings, booking meeting rooms, arranging refreshments, arranging hotel accommodation and dinners, compiling and distributing meeting papers and taking full meeting minutes.
- Provide support to a number of other key Committees including arranging meeting dates, sending calendar invitations monitoring attendance, booking meeting rooms and taking minutes. Providing any other support as required by the Committee Chair.
- Organising key events such as awards presentations, large scale meetings and visits from Government or other VIP’s as required and liaising with other staff.
- Manage the fleet of vehicles. This includes: monitoring usage; ensuring that staff using the vehicles have the appropriate permission and that their driving licences are current and clean; maintaining the list of Institute vehicles for insurance purposes and dealing with any insurance claims following accidents; arranging breakdown cover; arranging servicing, maintenance and repairs as necessary and budgetary management.
- Maintain the Register of Outside Interests including obtaining forms from new members of staff, updating the register as appropriate and completing the annual renewal process.
- Provide any other reasonable administrative support at the Director’s discretion, including providing cover and assistance elsewhere in the administrative team and supporting other senior scientists and staff as required.
- Working with the other administrative staff to provide the necessary support for scientists and corporate services.
- Provide a full and confidential support service to the Director and Chief Operating Officer
- Experience within a similar role at Board level
- Significant experience of organising complex diary requirements
- Experience of organising large scale events
- Fluent English speaker
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy and competence in all applications of MS Office
- Attention to detail, accurate and can work confidentially with discretion
- Be able to solve routine problems and be able to make independent decisions
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Empathy of the life sciences work of the organisation
- Awareness and understanding of the benefits of working in an equal and diverse workplace
Vacancy Type: Contract- 3-4 months
Salary: £31,100-£36,500 per annum pro rata
Hours: 30 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Cambridge, central
- Job Type: Permanent