- £11.88 - 11.88 per hour
- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Temporary
Job reference: 733/4
Ann Pettengell are currently looking for an experienced HR Administrator to undertake a full time, 12 month fixed term contract in Cambridge City Centre.
Reporting to the Senior HR Administrator you will provide a professional and efficient administrative service and provide advice on HR administrative processes to internal customers.
- Provide first line support to line managers on HR matters, including guiding staff to relevant policies and procedures and providing relevant information on request
- Administer HR and payroll processes on monthly basis ensuring payroll deadlines are adhered to
- Provide a responsive and high-quality information service to staff within the client area
- Provide administrative support to annual and termly exercises e.g. Retirements, Promotions and the Contribution Reward Scheme
- Process requests relating to allowances, flexible working and leave e.g. maternity, sabbatical leave etc.
- Answer calls to the HR helpline, monitor shared inboxes and answer other colleagues’ phones in their absence, dealing with straightforward queries or directing callers to appropriate sections of the HR Division. Ensuring any follow up action is taken.
- Draft responses, adapting standardised letters, documents, presentations and forms, particularly in relation to absence.
- Provide administrative support and co-ordinate meetings and briefing sessions, including arranging meetings, booking venues, travel, etc. Liaising with attendees re details and following up with reminders. Generating and circulating agendas and papers.
- Provide support to the other HR teams during times of high workload.
Skills and Experience
- Good general education to A level/equivalent standard
- Good IT skills, including databases, PowerPoint and MS Office Suite.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good understanding of customer service.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to use own initiative and be proactive.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and to manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of employment law and good employment practice.
- High standard of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to empathise with staff and use tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Relevant administrative experience.
- Experience of working in an HE institution.
- Experience of HR administration.
- Ability to prioritise own workload as not continuously supervised.
As HR Administrator, you will have access to staff HR records and other information regarding sensitive issues therefore confidentiality is essential.
If this HR Administrator position sounds like the next step you are looking for then please apply now.
- £28k - 30k per year
- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Contract