Job reference: 3994/1
Do you enjoy learning new things and like to have variety in your role?
Would you like to part of a small online publishing business that offers unique specialist content to its audience?
Do you have a passion for organising and creating order?
Are you someone who likes to exceed expectations?
Our client is looking for a self-motivated individual who is confident in taking ownership of projects and someone who has pride in delivering work to a high standard.
You will be involved in the smooth running of the business with the objective of assisting our client with the delivery of their online content and events to their customers and managing the smooth running of the day-to-day business functions.
Please note, this role is working remotely, and you must be able to travel to Kings Cross London, once a month, to attend a team meeting.
- Managing the subscription process for subscribers – from sale or renewal to onboarding, invoice to check-in and monitoring
- Managing smooth partnership interactions – our client works with a range of different organisations on different terms, you will need to ensure that proposal and review documents are generated with the support of the editorial team, contracts are issued, internal deliverables are met and partners are onboarded to their services
- Company events happen all year round, from small private dinner discussions to a flagship festival – currently all events are being delivered online, but post-Covid they will return to in-person. You will be involved in every aspect of these from billing and ticket sales, to speaker liaison, venue booking, feedback, delegate information, liaising with designers and printers, caterers and more. Bigger in-person events are usually supported by an external project manager
- Managing the client’s CRM, customer pipeline and the wider user database of subscribers
- Project manage a plan to bring these together and improve the user experience through all of the company’s services on an ongoing basis
- Maintaining a high standard of customer service, all interactions between customers should be professional and you will offer a good customer experience, whilst trouble shooting and escalating where necessary
- You will take a lead on managing our external email ticketing platform, supported by the whole team
- You will develop regular management information and reporting for business monitoring and planning purposes, interacting with financial data, user analytics and other data as required
Skills & Experience
- Strong organisational and communication skills, written and verbally, displaying clear and concise information that can be interpreted easily to others whilst having a friendly approach
- Excellent attention to detail and being able to spot any anomalies
- A proactive approach to your work with the ability to problem solve autonomously
- Friendly and responsive to colleagues and customers at all times, prepared to be flexible and creative to meet the needs of others
- Able to forge effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside your organisation
- A high level of digital literacy and IT competence – you’re able to find technical solutions such as a cloud-based CRM, and learn how to use new tools to deploy them and teach others to use them
- Comfortable and competent using and manipulating numbers and data such as finance information
- Experience of working in small teams and/or technology, media, events, data or consultancy businesses would be a plus.
- Management capability – experience of directly line-managing staff or managing upwards would be advantageous
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Hours: Full or part-time, flexible working
Start Date: TBC
Please send your CV in MS Word together with a covering letter to email@example.com or call 01223-350234 to discuss the role in more detail. I look forward to hearing from you!