- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: 1899/8
Do you have previous experience working within a hospitality environment? Do you strive to deliver the very best Customer Service? Are you looking to work in a Front of House position, within beautiful surroundings? We are looking for a Receptionist to provide temporary cover for our client, based just a few miles from Cambridge City Centre, with parking available!
You will be responsible for providing a full and comprehensive reception and information service, ensuring that visitors are met with the highest standards of welcome and information.
You will provide support across several service areas, including Reservations, Check-in, Customer Requests, Room Allocation, Processing Payments, Customer Service, Events and Administration.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate previous Reception/Front of House experience, along with first class Customer Service skills. You will need to be a competent user of computer systems and databases and be confident dealing with cash handling and financial data.
- Welcomes visitors, issuing room keys and providing directions, ensuring they are met with the highest standards of welcome and information
- Assists visitors with service needs including, transportation, catering, audio visual and technical services to ensure good customer service
- Resolves any accommodation issues directly with residents, liaising with Housekeeping and/or Management as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
- Answers incoming telephone calls and provides advice and guidance or fields to appropriate personnel
- Maintains bedroom allocation and check-in systems to reflect changing requirements and Maintains internet availability of bedrooms by quantity and type. Responds to requests for accommodation, checking availability, taking payments and updating information
- Takes payments for bedrooms, bar bills, course fees, additional meals, phone accounts and ensures proper cash control
- Provides a postage service and manages couriers for all Divisions involving weighing and franking all outgoing mail to ensure accurate and correct postage is applied
- Provides a security service whilst on duty, including observing CCTV, reacting to alarms, observing movement around the site via an access control Acts in the event of security incidents, contacting relevant personnel as appropriate
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Prior experience in a customer-orientated environment, preferably customer facing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Approachable manner and ability to problem-solve discreetly in a public environment
- Competence in the use of office equipment and software
- Competence in the use and demonstration of audio-visual
- Experience in handling cash and card transactions
- Must be well presented
- Flexible approach to working at weekends and on a Rota basis
- On occasion, be able and willing to do physical work in relation to room set-up, etc.
- Ability to work as a part of a team
Location: Cambridge, with parking
Hours: 36.5, with some weekends on a rota basis
Start Date: ASAP until end of July 2022
- Location: Cambridge, central
- Job Type: Permanent