- £15.40 - £20.50p/h
- Location: Hybrid Working
- Job Type: Temporary
The Senior Accounts Clerk Supervisor oversees the day-to-day Accounts Payable and Purchase-to-Pay function of the Finance Office, providing sound advice in relation to all financial aspects of procurement regulations and procedures and specialist knowledge such as advice on making purchases, expense claims, VAT and payroll/self-employment rules.
The role holder must ensure staff are fully conversant with financial procedures and regulations at all times, and lead on the induction and training process of all new starters with financial responsibility. This role will act as first point of contact for staff and colleagues in terms of Accounts Payable, Payroll related transactions and Procurement activities.
The role holder will work closely with the Finance Manager and provide inputs to the annual budgeting and planning cycle, monthly financial reporting, ad hoc analysis of expenditure and assist with specific projects and requests for costing, budgeting and financial decision support.
This is an ongoing temporary role, working full-time (36.5 hours per week). Offices are based in Cambridge City Centre, however a hybrid working solution will be available.
- Manage the work of two Senior Accounts Clerks and a Finance Apprentice. Make decisions to prioritise work, meet deadlines and deal with the more complex queries. Provide cover for the role of the Chief Accounts Clerk during holiday and other absence
- Provide procurement advice to the Director of Operations and Finance, the Finance Manager and budget holders. Monitor procurement activities and ensure that actions needed to ensure compliance to Financial Regulations and Procedures are performed
- Support the Chief Accounts Clerk and Finance Manager with the financial management and reporting activities. Prepare expenditure analyses and reports, monitor expenditure against budget, flag up issues and ensure appropriate action is taken where applicable
- Act as the key contact in terms of Accounts Payable and Procurement functions to ensure a full and up to date understanding of the department’s financial position. Adapt department financial processes to ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations
- Manage the Purchase-to-Pay/Accounts Payable function of the department. Contribute to the review and improvement of processes and procedures and make proposals for adaptations and improvements as necessary
- Obtain tax clearance where necessary, set up suppliers, raise purchase orders, review and close orders if necessary and process payments for guest speakers
- Advise staff and budget holders of the specific rules around the engagement of sole traders/self-employed suppliers
- Manage the payroll payment process within the Finance Office for payments, additional stipend payments and overtime. Approve payroll payments generated by others, ensuring all calculations and rates have been checked. Act as the point of contact with HR, ad hoc and overtime payroll processes and queries. Collate and summarise the information for inclusion on the annual P11d return
- Raise sales invoices to internal and external organisations. Manage income collection, ensuring income is correctly claimed, applied and receipted and any cash received in the department is securely kept and promptly banked. Check monthly BACS and claim income. Manage credit control/debt recovery.
- Manage the procurement system to ensure that it follows the appropriate regulations and to make improvements for the user experience. Advise budget holders on procurement rules. Liaise with the IT Development Team in relation to updates and improvements to the procurement system
- Advise and promote the use of e-Sales in the department
- Lead and oversee the finance induction of new staff in the department who have any form of financial administration or budgetary responsibility
- Ensure accuracy of financial information recorded on financial system; to include coding of expenditure, raise journals, ensure adjustments or amendments are completed as required
- Manage petty cash, check reconciliations, and enter data into the finance system, prepare analyses for budget holders, check and approve expense claims
- Ensure monthly statements/receipts are received from all credit card holders. Monitor activity and ensure that all purchases are in line with the financial regulations and procedures are performed
Key Skills and Experience
- Educated to Higher National Diploma (HND), Higher National Certificate (HNC), level 4/5 vocational qualification or equivalent level of practical experience
- Relevant experience in an accounts/administrative based environment
- Experience in using standard Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel
- Experience of using relevant reporting tools
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate factual and theoretical knowledge of Finance Administration
Please send a covering letter together with a copy of your CV in MS Word
- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Temporary