- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Temporary
Job reference: 4002/4
Do you want to be part of a growing start-up organisation? Our client, is a company which is innovating and changing the experience and outcome for patients, so being part of this unique and exciting company, will give you the opportunity to work for a great cause and mission.
Our client is seeking an exceptional individual for the role of Senior Finance Assistant. The Senior Finance Assistant will support the Financial Controller with the organisation’s financial accounting functions. They will be responsible for producing and maintaining accurate and timely financial information in respect of income and expenditure transactions, control account reconciliations and statutory returns.
The role holder will undertake a wide range of financial activities including communicating with suppliers and customers, credit card processing, processing expenses and working with the Manager’s on tasks such as stock ordering.
The Senior Finance Assistant will also run and collate reports, and analyse data from a range of sources. They will create reports for the Senior Management team as required. The role holder will provide the company’s staff with guidance and advice on relevant policies and procedures. The Senior Finance Assistant will carry out appropriate delegated duties as required and supervise some administrative staff in day-to-day financial processing activities.
- Raising customer invoices, credit control and accurate input of purchase ledger invoices and expenses.
- Daily bank reconciliation.
- Preparation of weekly payment runs and expense claims.
- Preparation of monthly payroll in liaison with HR team.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts including consolidation, completing journal entries, revenue recognition, maintaining the fixed asset register and reconciling the balance sheet.
- Ongoing assessment and improvement of financial accounting processes.
- Assistance in maintaining and improving a strong financial control environment.
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet control accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of budget and forecast models including cash flow.
- Assist with year-end accounting processes including preparation of statutory accounts.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Assist Managers with ordering stock and stock accounting processes.
- Running and collating financial reports as required by the business and its senior stakeholders.
- Supervision of administrative staff with daily finance processing activities.
Qualifications and background:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- AAT qualification or early stages of studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/ICAS)
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced financial team
- A detailed understanding of core financial processes
- Completing journal entries with a sound understanding of debits and credits
- Assisting in preparation of management accounts and financial reporting
- An understanding of credit control process (desirable)
- Experience using Xero (desirable)
- Accurate purchase ledger input, resolving supplier queries and reconciling supplier statements (desirable)
- Daily bank reconciliations (desirable)
- Fixed asset reconciliation and ensuring depreciation policies are followed (desirable)
- Experience with working with the annual auditors (desirable)
- Management of staff
- Working in a customer service environment
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with an approachable, friendly manner.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with ability to relate well to individuals at all levels.
- Outstanding organisation and time management with ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or with team members.
- A can-do, flexible attitude with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- 25 days holiday per holiday year, plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Share options
- Personal development budget
- Health, dental, hearing and eye insurance
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
- Perks at work scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free refreshments
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The chance to be part of a growing start-up
Please send your CV in MS Word together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Cambridge, central
- Job Type: Temporary