- £40.00 - 45.50 per hour
- Location: Holborn
- Job Type: Temporary
Job reference: 3368/20
We are currently assisting our client with the recruitment of a Senior Accounts Clerk to fulfil a temporary assignment for an initial 3-month period. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for a full range of accounts and administrative duties.
Successful candidates will need to be AAT Qualified (or working towards a qualification) and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a busy accounts-based environment, handling competing deadlines. You will be highly competent in MS Office software packages, demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail and have excellent communication skills. This position is working for a department of Cambridge University, so previous experience within this institution would be advantageous.
PLEASE NOTE: The role will initially be based working from home and IT equipment can be provided. Once the site re-opens you will be expected to work on-site.
- First port of call for supplier related queries
- Ensure Departmental compliance in relation to the Institutes procurement procedures
- Adding new suppliers and liaising with Procurement Services
- Advise Departmental staff on purchasing procedures and use organisational knowledge to offer general procurement solutions
- Make appropriate VAT decisions and liaise with the institutes Tax Office, as necessary
- Check and code invoices and credits, arranging necessary approval where required
- Ensure all fixed assets are recorded appropriately for new purchases
- Arrange paperwork for International Purchase Orders for USD and EUR payments
- Process expense claims, checking for compliance and eligibility
- Process monthly credit card statements ensuring appropriate receipts are provided
- Reconcile cheque and BACS payments received against invoices and identify appropriate coding for non-invoiced income
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to expedite payment terms, deviations, queries and anomalies
- Set up new customer accounts, raise invoices and credit notes both internally and externally as required
- Generate monthly activity reports
- Run and review project status reports to review available funding commitments and advise of possible alternative funds when necessary
- Run grant expenditure reports and work with the Finance Officer, to review expenditure for award reconciliations
- Maintain and review shared records of coding for all routine equipment, non-pay (consumables), and staff costs, and expense claims
- Run monthly donation reports and advise Group Leaders of available budgets
- File all accounts related documentation (both hard copy and electronic) to provide a clear and compliant auditable record, and information resource for the Department.
- Provide informal training, support, and guidance for all new iProcurement CUFS users in the Department, and provide ongoing helpdesk type technical support to users of iProcurement
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- GCSE English and Maths at minimum Grade C or equivalent
- An AAT Intermediate qualification or equivalent or working towards one.
- Highly competent in MS Office software packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy accounts-based environment, preferably handling competing deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with different types of business contact, by e-mail, phone and in person.
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Previous experience of using the University Financial System, especially iProcurement, or a similar financial system, would be beneficial.
Please send a covering letter together with a copy of your CV in MS Word
- £20 - 24 per hour
- Location: Cambridge
- Job Type: Temporary