- Location: Cambridge and home working
- Job Type: Temporary
Job reference: 4002/3
Do you want to be part of a growing start-up organisation? Our client, is a company which is innovating and changing the experience and outcome for patients, so being part of this unique and exciting company, will give you the opportunity to work for a great cause and mission.
Our client is seeking an exceptional individual for the role of Training Coordinator. The Training Coordinator will manage the lifecycle of training for all employees and consultants and will be the first point of contact for enquiries relating to training and accreditation.
The Training Coordinator is responsible for implementing and maintaining compliance training programmes for employees and work to continually improve the training compliance processes. As the Training Coordinator, you must have excellent customer services and organisational skills to ensure that employees and consultants are fully supported in their training activities
- Maintenance and updating of the company’s training compliance portal for all employees and consultants.
- Administration of compliance training for all group company employees.
- Administration of the company’ CPD programme in consultation with employees and their line managers.
- Administration of the training and accreditation requirements including their annual review process.
- Setting up and administration of the training and accreditation programme.
- Administration of training logs on compliance portal.
- Configure and manage online compliance training programs.
- Source and evaluate course providers and make recommendations on appropriate training packages and courses.
- Drafting SOPS and general training documentation for review.
- Production of reports for management team and auditors.
- Monitoring expiry dates for training and arranging refresher training
Qualifications and background:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- Administering and supporting training programmes
- Co-ordinating and booking external training courses as required, sourcing suppliers where necessary and liaising with external suppliers for course bookings.
- Customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Working under pressure in an accredited/regulated environment.
- Working with confidential documentation and data
- Creation of complex documentation
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with ability to relate well to individuals at all levels.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with an approachable, friendly manner.
- Outstanding organisation and time management with ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or with team members.
- A can-do, flexible attitude with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- 25 days holiday per holiday year, plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Share options
- Personal development budget
- Health, dental, hearing and eye insurance
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
- Perks at work scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free refreshments
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- The chance to be part of a growing start-up
Please send your CV in MS Word together with a covering letter to email@example.com
- Location: Cambridge, central with parking
- Job Type: Permanent